Anyone else kinda think NBC screwed up a little bit this weekend??? I mean yeah… the world needed to see Mike Richards (and every idiot on TV call him BRAD at least once.. morons) score that hilarious 3 on 5 shg on the Rangers… hell I damn near fell off my Sun Tavern Bar Stool!!! But even with that in mind… holy shit that was some game in Newark yesterday wasn’t it???
Again sorry this is so late… when you get any kinda cold it goes right to my asthma… and to say I feel like shit is an understatement… but I didn’t miss one game (I did nothing else all week outside my house)… but I went to all 5 home games…hooray… someone buy me a cookie… or let me cough on you so i can pass this shit on and feel better!!!
– CLAUDE LEMIEUX WAS BACK!!! And he got to start the game so we gave him a nice cheer (him and Randy McKay are my all time favorite Devils bar none!)… sucked that he wasn’t announced as the starter so he could get a proper ovation!!
– Secondary scoring… nice to see Rolston, Clarkson and Elias on the scoresheet at last… as great as the top line is they can NOT be getting 3 points a night and we won’t go far that way….
– Power play goals! Any night we can yell fuck off Sam Rosen three times, I wholly approve of (hell even scoring the RIGHT way on a 5 on 3 was nifty!!)
– ….. once the standing ovation was over… Claude… kinda… sucked… maybe the comeback.. not so good idea, pepe?
– NO DAN BOYLE!!!!!!! We spent weeks planning a Section 209 Frontal Assault on mister’s house was burning down… apparently he was burning up with fever!!!
– Paul Martin skates in warmups… then disappears?? (thank God he wasn’t traded… I was almost worried Lou did something batty)
– I was pissed off last year when Nabby was hurt and the ONE GAME he did not play all year was the one in Newark… so finally I get to see him live… and man he was just AWFUL, but I do watch much Shark games and that whole team looks in a funk…. but still nabby and kipper are my two favorite goalies in the league to watch and as a goalie it kinda annoyed me that he sucked… and you knew Clemmy was due for a 5-burger after somehow having a shutout streak… after all.. brian boucher… he… is not!!!!
– Brian Gionts JUST TOO SHORT to get that gimmie pass from Zubrus on the anti-Clarkson wraparound pass!!! *grrr*, though I milk the Gionta short jokes like NBC does Cindy Crosby!
– you could tell amongst the season ticket holders that 5 games in what 9-10 days… it’s a bit MUCH… and I think we’re just a little bit sick of each other… it’s like that girl that asks you for a break and some space…. except we’ll actually be ok in 10 days when we see each other again! (wait to see the pissy on the back to back matinee games coming!)
– Sammy walking up and down the aisle by the two nice looking girls in sharks jerseys holding the banister and yelling EARTHQUAAAKKKKKEEEE …. yeah that was a site!!!
– We still had our Dan Boyle moments (after all, he’s still the star for having his house burn down!!)… they played Springsteen’s Dancin in the Dark… [i]Can’t start a fire… can’t start a fire without a spark…..
Dan Boyle’s for hire… even if his house is burning in the dark!![/i]
– 5 on 3 shorthanded goal!!!! I can’t help it… I literally put my head down on the bar before the game turned to Brian and said dude “I am LOL-ing”… tears were shed … really!!