Howdy!! We’re back and alive again!! Hope y’all got good shit for whatever gift-bearing holiday you celebrated (well unless it was that crappy one from Seinfeld… no show was more overrated after all….)… but like the rest of us the players got back to work… and it looks like Zach Parise got some goal-scoring touch again under the tree, and a nice lil win against those Thrashers…. perfect way to start kicking off the “serious time” in hockey (and be honest… hockey doesn’t get important till the half way point… usually right when football ends)
– Zach Parise….. AAAAHHHHHHHH!!!! Welcome back!! 2 goals… the drought is over (and it wasn’t like he sulked or sucked during this drought … hell in fact he was playing just as good NOT scoring as when he was getting goals!), but still it’s damn good to see your best player get back on the goal chart (more so when you went to a customer yesterday who was a Ranger/Giant fan… and damn this Devil/Cowboy fan could NOT stop smirking at his misery :p… now he can’t sit there and scoff about the Devils TV guys “whining” that Parise wasn’t scoring… he wants whining he should watch a St.Louis, Pitt or AvsMonkeys game! And I of COURSE has to wish him and his Giants, the VERY best of luck in their future endeavors since they did not qualify for the playoffs this year… I’m such class and discretion eh?)…. to quote mister Andy Greene on facebook… GOOD DAY!
– Also seeing the White goal on TV again I’d SWEAR Zach tipped it…. he was robbed a hat trick!!!!! They don’t get prettier then that power play tuck-in on the sweet Elias pass!!!
– Welcome back David Clarkson!!!! His game itself was so/so… but he got a fight…a few minutes in… and it’s good to see the bodies starting to return (and see we have a team five lines deep… gonna need that)… the -2 not so good… but you get a pass the first few games as you get used to getting into active duty…..
– Johnny Oduya… he’s been shaky at best all year long… but last night he was noticeable in good ways, and he was playing Andy Greene-type minutes… good to see him using those wheels in the right way…..though PLEASE… don’t EVER punch again when Kovalchuk was covering the point (Colin White bailed your ass out on that one…)
– speaking of… WHITE POWER!!!!! It must always be said when Colin scores a goal!
– Big crowd tonight as the post-Christmas push is on with attendance… and man 216 was all pumped up tonight… what was that about?!?!?!?! And they got a damn good game… Atlanta came out with some pride and attitude after the Devils embarrassed them on the 19th toying with them and coming back from 3-0 and 4-1 down to whip their candy ass…. this game was nasty, physical and a TON of first period fights… damn I LOVED IT!!!
– Andrew Peters… you’re a fucking idiot!!!! What am I talking about?? You have three jobs on ice… play physical… FIGHT (which he did and well tonight I must say)… well he fought…he played physical… but the MORON DIDN’T TIE DOWN HIS JERSEY and got tossed from the game when it got pulled over his head in the fight…..so he plays 18 seconds and get kicked out of the game.. MORON!!!! Not the best way to get back on the ice after a month of sitting in the luxury seats in the halo!! And then to make it worse on him…. Clarkson showed him how to fight without a thirty second time delay!!! Though I think we all have a right to be jealous of him… he gets paid a FULL salary to play 18 seconds and get punched in the face… WRONG!!!
– Mark Fraser and Mike Mottau were a -2… you can give them a pass on the first goal because it was a Kovalchuk BOMB and the second goal was a little soft from mb30, but they won so I’m not hammering him for it… but that’s not exactly a defense pair that inspires confidence in life and one of the two is gonna be sitting if/when Paul Martin comes back
– OK the last minute of the game was SCARY, it felt Carolina-like… thankfully Atlanta ain’t that good yet… but there was some angst out there…..
– so we get Arlette for the National Anthem… YAY!!! But there was some dumbass that during the national anthem was standing up waving a Czech Flag up and down during the entire anthem!!?!?!?!!? Like really?? What the hell does the Anthem have to do with the Czech flag or nation!?!??!
– Andy Greene gets called for playing with a high stick on the power play “Andy wasn’t called for high sticking… the refs were overwhelmed with how amazing the stick play was and stopped play to admire it!!”
– Speaking of Andy… he had two wanna-be’s in front of us who thought THEY knew how to worship Andy!! First off they kept calling him ANDREW…. Andy NEVER lets you call him Andrew… he’s too modest asshats!! I don’t know if I should be mad, proud that his legend is growing…or jealous cause some other fag is steppin on MY MAN!!!!!!
– it was a weird night where there wasn’t that much funny to share and the game kinda took charge for ONCE… and we just enjoyed the damn game… mostly drama and Bayonne wise cracks… kept to a minimal level!!! Don’t worry I think Wednesday’s game is gonna have some topics of conversation… more so with my blast from the past coming out!!!