Well that wasn’t pretty to watch but it was DAMN FUN to attend…. I gotta say the passion and noise of the Montreal fans that come down to see them play in Jersey… ever since we moved to Newark, these games have been AWESOME… yeah it brings out the worst in the drunken stupid… but that’s gonna happen anyway (I mean yelling Canada sucks… booing their national anthem?? CMON!!!! I’d say we’re better then that …. but most of us ain’t… you’d think the least you’d do is sing your OWN damn anthem *sigh*… but then again these are the same people that “lost” their Eli Manning jerseys and “Mark Sanchez jerseys fell off the truck and into their laps”…. I can rant for days about THIS… but it’s not the place for it….all I’ll say is I have a bunch of real good friends (some of them actually read this)… and I’d love to say good luck and be happy for them… but damned if I can do… and yeah it’s kinda because of the same idiot type fan that like to yell CANADA SUCKS while wearing an mb30 jersey… see I got back on topic :)… and I do have a lot of fun things to get to…..
– Mark Fraser… again stood up and fought… and this one energized the building and the TEAM (damn shame he dinged up his hand in doing it… which is why he left the ice)…. but him turning and smacking D’Agostini in the face with the elbow pad was 100-stars awesome!! (it did lead to a nice crack of… oh yeah… you don’t need Laraque with a fighter like THAT on this team :p )
– Even though the game was over late into it.. the young guys kept going and played hard (a lot of teams will coast and not play in the last few minutes when the game is clearly over like this one was)… but the Devils and noticeably the kids: Zharkov, Bergfors and Palmeri of note kept playing and getting some good shots and chances… I kinda liked the feisty!
– Jamie Langenbrunner …. I bag on him alot… but damn… 8 shots and the nice breakout pass that fed Parise (who did have an epic move on the goal)… that was good stuff…..
– this is something that has been annoying the shit out of me all season long… it used to be, and it’s been this way ever since I started going to games back in 1992… you go down… you watch warmups… never a problem…. and it was all good… now this year, those people come to their seats and have bitch fits about their seats and being in them… it’s annoying… but really… I don’t want your fucking seat, these seats BLOW when the game starts… I just wanna watch the warmups… so settle down princess I’ll be outta here in 18:00!!
– This team looked TIRED again…. very tired, White and Mottau were sloppy, Rob Niedermayer looked disinterested (a rare thing on a Devils team ever)… I’d say Pando was tired and off… but his job and role have been useless since the lockout ended (the “shutdown forward” is more a dinosaur role then the hockey goon with lead in his skates and foil on his fists)
– … and not to mention… the absurdly long laundry list of guys on the injured list (and Paul Martin get the hell healthy!!) it’s really starting to show… the guys who had stepped up (Andy Greene for one)… now seem outta gas… and guys like Oduya just haven’t gotten it this year… it’s not good now…
– the PSE&G powerplay has failed the Devils much like the PSE&G technology has failed the building (and my fellow Jersey folk know the shit job they do on a day to day basis anyway…)
– Speaking of… now would be a wonderful time for Brian Rolston to step up and earn his contract instead of mooching off Patrik Elias when he’s healthy… trust me… I know a LOT about life-sucking mooches…. you were mister “oh Lemaire is the best thing for this team”… well get the fuck out there and DO IT, 1 shot and a -2 in 19:00 is NOT getting it done!
– So were watching warmups and me and Dee are trying to find Andy…and we can’t! it takes a minute of checking the ice to see if we can find him… we look and look….Oh wait he’s next to Pandolfo… That explains it, the light of Andy is drowned out by the darkness known as jay pandolfo! (seems fitting the way Pando is playing… and thank God Andy’s on D and they can keep him as far from the Pando-black hole as possible!)
** Steve LaFlamme Andry Greene=JEsus Jay Pandolfo=Satan
** Scott Mackie HAIL SATAN!!!
– I didn’t know how to react to the three really… and I mean REALLY… two fingered and 4 sandwich kinda FAT dudes who sat in 208… wearing BRUINS jerseys… I mean really… yeah you wanna be random douchebag on the road I get it…. but there’s a small level of respect and yeah I’ve worn Devils jerseys to random LA and Dallas games in their arena (but LA fans are idiot scum anyway and the hell with them… and I saw 20 games in Dallas with my time and relationships there I was almost part of the section)… ya just don’t do it!!! You wouldn’t wear a Devils jersey to a Ranger/Flyer or Islander game would ya?? Well maybe you would, and then you suck too!!
– All that aside we were doomed from second one of this game:
“HEY PRICE… YOU SUCK!!!!!!!!!”
“Hey dummy, Price ain’t playing???”
“He’s NOT… well….. he STILL SUCKS… um Scott… who’s the goalie???”
(poor Pete he can’t remember single-syllable goalie names)
– the Gomez/Gionta reaction (and we’re gonna have more on this) was pretty hilarious… for the wrestling fans they’ll get this one… Scott Gomez was clearly John Cena… when Cena punches the fans boo (somehow it became cool to hate Cena and the idiots all jumped on like sheep trying to be cool with the rest of the idiot mob)… so Gomez gets the puck and it’s BOOOOOO…. he passes to Gionta… and it was like when the guy would hit Cena back… and it was YAAAAYYY… so Gomez/Cena… BOOOOO…. Gionta/opponent… YYAAAYYYY.. all game long… it amused me muchly (hell it was more fun then the ENTIRE Hell in a Cell PPV there)
and one more Gio comment from Rob from TV at home: “side note gio looks like a child molestor with his goatee people above 5’5 should be the only ones allowed to grow facial hair”… thank God I’m 5’7” :p
– this made me smile so I added it:
** “Rob Tonnesen doc said the puck off the omiprescent stick of greene ? ”
– So there was a two-minute sequence when we all thought Gionta had scored that it was a softie (it was a sick deflection and it was too fast to see from my seats… and we were having so much fun with the Habs fans… you guys ROCKED in 209 last night handshakes and all from us…. so we missed a lot of things… but anyway… so we think Gionta scores… and we all turn and STARE at her Lordship since we ALL gotta see how she’s reacting to this… she kinda stares…. and waits…. off comes the BC Gionta jersey and chokeslammed to the floor… but WAIT… she’s a Gionta DEVILS jersey under it… she tries the “but it’s about the TEAM in front”…and the look back shows the FAIL of the comment…. off comes the jersey… CHOKESLAM ahoy!!! I wish we had a camera and could have iso-ed her all game along… that shit was hilarious, and worth the price of admission alone!!!!
I can’t complain too much about this game… it was FUN and that’s the fucking POINT right??? A good time was had and the injuries are catching up to this team… and it looks like we get Denis tonight for the Islanders game… hope you guys enjoyed it from wherever you sat!!