(Good God I gotta do one of these things every other day for the next week… eeeppp!!) So where to start last night??? OK so it was a DUD effort all around in a lot of places… but be honest… going into this weekend if you were told they’d win 2 out of 3 and NOT lose to the Rangers you’d be pole-dancing or something silly like that… so CALM DOWN, they can’t win them all or play 110% all 100% of the time (yes I love those damn commercials!)
– Close-enough-to-a-Sellout-game-to-annoy-me-walking-the-concourse against the “who cares” LA Kings… no matter what goofy promotion was going on (and yes as cool and fitting a promotion as the heart awareness thing is… it got downright creepy to read the survivior stories as I was eating the restaurant, also a side note for people not seeing me walk laps… when you do an hour of step aerobics on your Wii Fit that afternoon you kinda skip the arena laps :p)
– Despite not scoring, the Parise-Zajac-Langenbrunner still had a heck of a game and was the best line all day (OMG YOU SAID SOMEONE PLAYED WELL AND DIDN’T SCORE A GOAL…. talk about my biggest peeve in hockey… when people in the media pick the 3 stars of the game by going down the stat sheet.. CMON LAZY JOURNALISM!!!)
– Jay Leach did not look like a guy who’s not played in a month and they need to find ways to spot him into the lineup… he’s a solid contributor (Sutter even praised him in the post-game which I listen to on my epic 15 minute drive home)
– I could go either way on this one… but I’m gonna call it a “Good” that Sutter upped and benched Holik/Shanny and Rupp after Holik’s standard bad penalty… kinda sends a message if the hitting line is not hitting, they ain’t playing… they were pretty soft tonight
– Puck night idea:
So I walk in at like 5:40, I get up the steps and I see a BIG line hidden in the corner… I see one of my 209-people there…”what’s this for?” … oh it’s the puck thing??? Look at the line… FUCK THAT… it’s not worth it… boy was I right?? Letting people hoard the pucks and only bringing 500… even when the Devils get it right they get it wrong still!!!
– this game felt like it was two weeks long… hell it was about as painfully long as waiting for the government to give you something you’ve been waiting for since like… October? :p
– The team kinda threw their hands up and said OK WE LOSE… once the Zubrus goal was disallowed (how the hell do you distinctly kick a puck when you’re getting knocked on your ass??)
– I’ve noticed a DISTINCT drop in Scott Clemmensen’s play since they announced Brodeur’s return date… is this coincidence… probably not, the guy sees midnight coming and the Cinderella ball is ending….. not to mention how simply OWNED he got on the penalty shot (in a tiny bit of defense… no one knew this was coming… we went from the sopey stick shuffle thing… to WAIT… PENALTY SHOT… we all knew a goal was coming… well except that few that thought Clemmensen was a shootout goalie specialist back in 2006… no really there were people that thought this!! So … Kevin Weekes on Monday??
– the officiating… I HATE bitching about calls live, because if you think you can see the game better from the second to last row in the building better then the guys on the ice whose job it is… well then you are the greatest deluded egomaniac on the planet… enjoy!! But still it was …. well… kinda spotty (this too is a tread across sports, the NFL officiating was as BAD as I can ever remember it also… even them pro rassling refs… how come they never see the guy’s foot on the ropes!!! :p)
– My Favorite 209 chant of the night….
“HEY WHAT TIME IS IT????
“IT’S TEN TO TWO!!!!!!!!!” (it’s funnier when people around you don’t get it!)
– we’re already loading up on Rangers Suck confetti for Monday!
– the EAT A SALAD chant at the obligatory redhead Ranger fan who sat near 209, be honest what else can a Ranger fan cheer for on this weekend?? But we gotta be nice to the guy…. after all mommy only lets him out of the basement once a week before his 10pm curfew and he chose to come here (and nothing is more nasty then a fat guy in a shirt showing a bit too much belly!)
– sadly there was not too much in the funny department… all the side activities and the long feel of the game killed most of the fun