HAPPY [insert random gift giving holiday you believe in, just not that stupid Seinfeld "holiday"]TO YOU ALL!!!!
… T’was the last home game before Christmas and all through the Rock… Empty Seats were a-smiling, discounted seats went unfilled throughout….(ok I’m done with the bad poetry)….. though the way the Devils just KEEP WINNING now, it almost is kinda poetic… and some days, things just go your way…. well unless your poor cousin of a fake cousin Rob (he does need a better nickname), and you gotta deal with drunk phonies at work, but I guess when your a bouncer… retard customers are more better then an empty bar right? *smack*… can’t keep focus… it’s been too many home games this month… SORRIE!!!!!!!!
– Man when luck smiles on you like this game did… the Salvador goal, mb30 with the gift turnover point blank on the empty net and it rolls off the stick… you just KNOW you’re winning in this one….it’s good to be good AND lucky some nights!!
– the 4th line was damn good again tonight…. and with players talking about players coming back soon… these guys need to add something and be useful in the 8-10 minutes they get a night… and they’re doing that… and getting lucky bounces… the POWER OF PELLEY compels the scoresheet… guess no PIST PELLEY for us!
– Brian Rolston is showing signs of jump (this is of course compared to Langenbrunner who I was skating better then in the practice rink after the game)… and another game with a goal…..OMG, you mean NJDevs is gonna need a new kicking toy???
– You know… if you don’t look at the score sheet, you’d almost not realize the massive scoring funk that Zach Parise is in (9 games without a goal)….how many teams in the league can win without their guy being the guy?? (FYI Zach had a great first period and two breakaways… he just needs to keep at it… he’ll be fine)… and speaking of this….12 different Devils had a point tonight… that’s how you get it done!
– Funny side note…. last 6 games lil Nicky been there he’s had to cover his ears for a IT’S POWER PLAY GOAL… FUCK YOU SAM ROSEN… the one game the parents leave him home… no power play goal…. see this is a lesson to all parents… bad language is good for 9 year olds
– *sigh* I should mention mb30′s games played record right?? I know I bag on him and I will hate that mask until it is burnt to a crisp in our next game with the Minnesota Wild (now that’s squeezing a reference in!)…I’m kinda amazed the games played for a goalie is that low, When Gordie Howe has the other record at 1767 (no wonder MB plays so much…he wants that record too :p)…but to play 1031 games, you need to play 70 games a year for 15 years…. so damn that is a lotta hockey… I just wish he’d play 5-10 LESS games a year still…..then he could start chasing that Patrick Roy PLAYOFF record eh???
– and speaking of being taken for granted… I think 2man-nation has taken for granted that I do this after each home game.. y’all got quiet lately… if it wasn’t for this… you’d still have a pre-season preview on the front page kids :p
– Nic Bergfors… actually it’s kinda ironic, as Pierre McGuire was raving about him in the Buffalo/Toronto game (Center Ice replays FTW… speaking of… go you tube the goals Toskala let in this game if you wanna see comedically bad goaltending!)… so anyway, as PIERRE! was talking about Calder Candidates…he mentioned the top 2… 3rd he mentioned Bergfors… and he’s talking about how great he’s been in New Jersey…. go figure at the same time, Jacques cuts and snips his ice time and he was kinda iffy, 9:26 of ice, -1 and no shots on goal in his last two games….but he is a rookie and still what…. second… third in the rookie scoring… it’s all good, Jacques’ ain’t gonna pull a Sutter on this kid!
– Jamie Langenbrunner …. yeah he scored (but that was ALL ANDY :p)…he still sucks at the point (case in point his goal was scored down low).. he still looks kinda slow at times… and after he got called for that late penalty… the CAPTAIN OF THE TEAM CAN NOT HAVE A TEMPER TANTRUM ON ICE and take ANOTHER penalty (he’s lucky Alfredsson bit on it)… that’s NOT leadership and a sulking Captain is NOT an acceptable thing…. I know he’s only keeping the C warm for Parise… but still….gotta lead by example, the two guys before you would not have done that (and honestly Stevens would have killed him with the FIRST HIT :p)
– you know… random side note as I watch “NHL on the Fly”… can the NHL make ONE commerical that is not rip your eyes out annoying??? The Center Ice one makes my eyes bleed and I want to rip my spleen out for the shop.nhl.com one too… yeah really we really need to know that Cindy Crosby jerseys are for sale on nhl.com…. suck it NHL and get a real PR guy!!!
– Scott Mackie: So Arlette does Canadian national anthem in french…nice touch, and it sounded really awesome… however as the song goes on, she then sings “god keep our land” part …idiot down the row to our right then yells “YOU CAN HAVE IT!!!”… I turn and look, because frankly it’s disrespectful and it annoys me… I love our foreign hockey loving countries (and working on one that ain’t :p) so I’m ticked… and then I see the SAME IDIOT IS WEARING A BRODUER JERSEY…. I think I yelled out, “Hey retard you know the GUY ON YOUR JERSEY IS CANADIAN RIGHT”… not to mention I never got shitting on the anthem… when you PAY MONEY to see a hockey game 58% of the damn lead is from CANADIA!!! It just pisses me off :p
– now for those who don’t know Brian… you just sit back and accept the fact that Mister Paolercio eats like a pregnant woman on crack bitching and craving for both… and on occasion he eats gross shit in public (case in point he put WHIPPED CREAM on his pizza at my birthday party… ewww)…. so when I get this text message, shocked not I was…….
Brian Paolercio: I was dipping sour patch kids in mustard when Rolston scored. Let’s see if that helps again in the o-zone.
… all I can say back is one day he’s gonna knock up that fiancee of his and he’s gonna mock her food cravings and I don’t wanna be around to see that
– Jane sat with us tonight… this is a good thing, because when she sits with us and Colin White makes a good play I can tell WHITE POWER on the top of my lungs, cause she does too…. and having a black lady yell WHITE POWER with you… just makes it funny again… so take that and shove it in your perfectly made BEST SANDWICH EVER OLD LADY!!!!
– McAmmond gets called for hooking… lil Nicky looks around and goes….”But he’s not a hooker”…. he’s 9… it’s cute, accept this!!
(yes we’re trying not to run this puppy into the ground, but JESUS… that pass was so good even Langs had to finish it off… it was damned near Parise-ian!)
– Doug Mecca: Andy Greene could stop a snowstorm if he wanted to
** Steve LaFlamme: Andy Greene isnt scared of the snow!
** Scott Mackie: Andy Greene can skate over snow and slush..with a STICK!!! (if you don’t know the reference go youtube the new PS3 commercials, they’re as amazing as the game system!)
** Steve LaFlamme: Who are you kidding, he touches the snow and it melts for him so he never HAS to skate over it
** Scott Mackie: So in essence andy skates on water ?
** Steve LaFlamme: In the Bible, Jesus turned water into wine. But then Andy Greene turned that wine into beer.
– Steve LaFlamme: Andy Greene and Mr. T walked into a bar. The bar was instantly destroyed, as that level of awesome cannot be contained in one building.
** Chris McCabe: MOHAWK GRENADE MOTHAFUCKAH!!!!!!!!