Hey, I’m still alive (and I know… I skipped a month in review)…. to coin the NHL Network commercial I’m dealing with “non-hockey related issues” (yes only 5 people really only know what the hell I am talking about but I feel bad enough I’m dragging them into my stuff (especially the one who didn’t know what she was in for, without naming her name)… so I’ll spare the rest of you… just feel better in knowing I write better when angry, so at the very worst the readers win :p)… and I was gonna do a thoughts from 214, but that game sucked as bad as that shithole arena in Long Island!! So anyway… I live… I function… I rant!!!!
– One shortie, one power play (FUCK YOU SAM ROSEN!) and one even strength goal…. that’s balance!
– MB30 bounces back nice from the fiasco in Long Island
– Shanny, Rolston and Havelid on the scoresheet… depth and scoring is gonna take us far come Tax Time….
– Zach Parise… AAAAAHHHHHH (apparently I do this for any hockey player I cheer for who wears #9, boy or girl :p)…. one step closer to re-writing Devils history… 9 goals to tie and I think it’s 18 points (I have to leave for work soon and I want breakfast so i am not looking it up)… to re-write them all!! And you have to love the constant persistence of that line and NEVER quitting on a play!!
– Mike Keenan being Mike Keenan and randomly pulling Kipper (who unlike Nabby when he came here did NOT disappoint…. I like to watch Calgary, San jose and Dallas when we ain’t playing)…. so we get to make bad Macarena jokes at the random Flames backup-jobber OF DOOM!!!!
– Bad first Period… but I admit I was in as much of a fog as the team then so it was ok!
– that goal with 9/10 of a second left… yeah they don’t matter in the long run… but I have a sick wanting to see Clemmensen win the Jennings Trophy and those goals kinda hurt that!!!
– Getting texted by an over-ly dramatic ex-209er who INSISTS on telling us all she’s coming to a game on the 28th… but sitting on the OTHER SIDE OF THE BUILDING… man I’m tempted to sell my tickets that game *eyeroll*, the more you get away from high school the more life becomes it!
– trying to decide which tastes worse…. cold popcorn or period-old chicken fingers and fries… I’ll leave it at … I ate the damn fries in the second period…yeech, thank God for Sun Tavern post-game (even when Pat forgets to put in my order for the potato skins then blames the kitchen for burning them… least I got a free shot o’Jack from it!!)
– The contest people came up to Section 208 tonight to give away a DVD gift set with some T-Shirts and one of the funniest non-summer movies of last year (yes I’m a movie geek what the hell do you think I do all Summer….WWE 24/7 and movies!!)…so if anyone who got the Role Models Prize Pack would love to donate their copy of the movie to their favorite recapper… PLEASE!!!!!
Anyway…. so they are setting up…. the go to row 5 I think… whatever… the row is half empty… people see what is going on… they JUMP LEAP and RACE to all the empty seats… CMON FREE STUFF (people hopping on seats like steps was hilarity!)…. and they get ready for it… Sammy starts a PICK B chant for the what we assums is upcoming trivia question…. and of course the normal 209+ Section hijinks ensue… they go to the segment… you can’t even HEAR the PA system…. all you hear is CHOOSE B …. CHOOSE B…. the blond lady is like fuck this… here’s your prize packs I’m outta here… and we will NEVER get free stuff again… GOOD JOB GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
– the Dion Phaneuf razzing was kinda funny too….. more so when I fed him the Celine Dion obvious line and hearing drunken karaoke babbling of their hearts will go on…. niceeee!