Welcome to 2 Man History!!!! No no no, not the shutout record :p… Hells no not that… we’ll get to that!! Welcome to the first ROAD version of the keeping-this-site-alive sorta commentary on the Devils games I go to live…..it’s been a while since i saw NHL hockey live outside the friendly halls of Newark (no Andrew that Islanders game last year don’t count!)….hell in fact it was that first weekend in January of 2007, thet lead to a “you went out WITH THAT” girl getting a football tossed at her head :p… anyway, that was then and this is certainly NOW…. BUFFALO STINKS!!! And now we got proof!!
– Let me say this… the HSBC ARENA is flat out BEAUTIFUL!!! It has great sidelines… the arena is well-designed… it pays great tribute to the team as you walk in you see EVERYTHING… it’s perfectly designed, the concourse is way unique and takes pride in their team, their players and their history (as jaded as it is)… this is definitely one of the top 5 arenas I’ve been too in my 19 traveled too! I will DEFINITELY be coming back here again!!! (My top 5 I believe is now: Columbus, New Jersey, Phoenix, Toronto and then Buffalo… I culd be wrong and need to think of this better when the asthma headache goes away)
– the sight-line was a little… vertical…. I admit… but it was an excellent place to see hockey from, the Blue color-scheme was awesome
– if you are thinking of seeing a game up here… bring some thermals but GO… it’s a 5-star stop!!!!
– (and of course for more details on my trip… facebook me!!!)
– I do really need to thank Melissa and her family for putting up with me this weekend and beyond… and my asthma-induced temper tantrum during that Cowboys debacle on Sunday… this has been quite honestly maybe the best and most stress (and drama)-free vacation I’ve had in a long time and I need to thank them for this… even if they may never read this thank you……
– Well obviously when your goaltender ties the record for the most regular season shutouts of all time… yeah he’s GOTTA be the lead comment right?? Though typical Buffalo douchery….”Sawchuck didn’t wear a mask…” I heard that about 15 times… and i’m sorry… him being TOO STUPID to wear one doesn’t lessen it… he also had no video scouting, less players in the league, a lighter schedule and the average hockey player NOW is way better and capable then they were back then SO SUCK IT and accept the fact you live in the city of fails!!!
– Johnny Oduya looks to be back and in his last year’s form with his effort in the last two games back from injury… hell that time off was maybe the best thing for him it seems….
– Vladimir Zharkov…. I was kinda annoyed that Halischuk got sent down (I thought he was improving and showing he belonged here…)… but now Zharkov is adding points to his resume (and playing time with Elias)… and if he keeps scoring Lou and Jacques look like GOD DAMN GENIUSES again!
– Colin White again a very quiet night and you look up and it’s a +2 night… I’m just saying….
– I was really getting on people’s nerves with the KILL….. KILL…. KILL…KILL!! Chant during Buffalo power plays, hell they coulda scored and shut me up right??? (so I ran it up a little and did it during the last 90 seconds of the game!)
– Zach Parise was buzzing all game long… it’s like he went to score ten points tonight so he could goad Miller all Olympics long about it eh? Was kinda fitting since our room was “909″ in the hotel… and it lead to a Lord Krang snarl:
** Lord Krang “Our”?? As in yours and Andy’s??
See, Andy is so good he gets his own hotel room even though he hasn’t yet met the requirements in the CBA to be roommate-less, opening the way for him to share his hotel room with you!
(now let this fuel speculation indeed that the person behind the “Andy Greene” facebook page is an obscure Buffalo sports fan in Youngsville, PA )
– IT’S FUCKING COLD AND SNOWING OUT HERE… ok that’s bad for me and all I care about :p
– We’re getting spoiled by andy and his genius if it’s almost a bad night that he only had three nifty plays and assist and was “only even” in 25 miniutes played…. i expected more when I come 400 miles to see ya!!!
– USA hockey takes collective gasp as Montador runs over his own goalie!!! that was a pretty big scare this close to Olympic time….
– the only thing bad about this game I can think of is that Buffalo laid down much like Brett Favre did for Michael Strahan long long ago for another record that was of minimal interest :p
– and oh boy we got a LOT here… I made some friends really quick in this game…. hell we even traded Chris Benoit jokes!!
Our new friendship began when they yelled “BORING TRAP DEVILS!!” I reminded them that the Rangers trapped more and somehow Jacques made us into an offensive powerhouse … and they returned the favor by telling me that Tim Connolly has a habit and liking to pee on girls after dates…. WHAT??!??!
– and see I wasn’t the only one expecting the irony of mb30 waiting till I travel to the frozen tundra to see him tie that shutout record:
** Brian Paolercio: Since you’re there, Scott, make sure you let the Sabres know that scoring on Marty is easier than kicking
a field goal. Marty will have his precious shutout record in no time.
– I had a bit of a loud cough, but i had to be careful with it… didn’t want Buffalo nation to think I was making some kinda “choke” reference…. damn I needed a Tennesse Titans jersey eh??? Though speaking of painful Buffalo moments in sports history… with 19 seconds left, they stop the play on a Parise goal, and replay it… I turn and yell (some angry fans were annoying me with the Sawchuck comment)… “HEY LOOK THAT REPLAY’S ABOUT TEN YEARS LATE AIN’T IT??”,,,, douche chills ensued :p
** Tammie Hamilton: You need to do more road trips
(obviously she’s right… anyone wanna start paying for it?? I bring wins like Andy does )
– Second Intermission…..Random fan yells at me DEVILS SUCK
“Not tonight we don’t
“Well who looked better the game before??… See More
“Well who won cups?? Hell one better who kept brett hull OUT of the crease in the finals??
….Don’t bring rocks to a gun fight boy!!
Well it’s been a GREAT TRIP… off to a random bar for a bit… and then back home and back to normal by Wednesday!!