Well that was maybe the most bizarre night of my life… (and I’ve had a LOT of bizarre nights before)…..so from running a gambit of unneeded ex-GF memories…. and one showing up in my Section last night (sometimes it’s NOT good to be famous :p )… to a Cory Murphy GOAL being scored…..holy hell it was a strange night last night…..but I’ll try to get to it all… least we can laugh at my insanity in this fine hockey bastion of bad language and Buffalo-hating douchebags!
– WELCOME BACK PATRIK ELIAS!!!!!! And holy hell that deke-willie move he made in the first period… looked like he had been here all along!! (though he’s not playing tonight….)… a secondary benefit on Elias being back, Brian Rolston seemed a LOT more loose and comfortable on the ice (maybe he was doing something John Madden was guilty of and trying to hard to fill in for the guy when doing what you do is enough to do it)
– soo… mb30, 8-4 2.38 gaa and a 91%… not bad…. Danis (I keep wanting to type Denis from that “next coming of Patrick Roy” goalie from Colorado who couldn’t stop a school bus in Tampa or Columbus… I’ll learn.. just keep playing him!!), he’s now 2-0 with a 1.00 gaa and a SICK 96% shots stopped ratio…. I smell goalie controversy
– Andy Greene, Colin White, Mike Mottau and Bryce Salvador are simply CARRYING this team defensively at this point and this really can’t be stated enough… if people heard this was our top 4 a month ago (or under Brent Sutter… no I can’t bash him enough either… we’d have 3 wins right now)… people would be AMAZED we’re where we are… so I don’t wanna hear the “well we only beat the Islanders 2-1… stuff it!!!
– And what better place for this….. now… our moment of Andy Greene, sadly it’s an off-ice moment now…(it added to the weird last night… Cory Murphy was good and Andy wasn’t… I guess seeing all the AHL Talent on the Islanders brought out the best in Murphy and made Andy play down to the competition!)… so I am checking my facebook this morning, if you know the social interview app you know I love it and use it often…..
** Kristen gets asked: “What is Scott Mackie’s idea of a great movie?”
she answers ”Andy Greene and Sylar fighting side by side against the forces of Nathan Petrelli, MB30 and the New York Rangers. Oh, and football.”… which made me reply:
** Scott Mackie wow, if Andy Greene ever swung a lightsaber I might have to have his babies!!!
– since I commented on the Rolston goal… I need to comment on the other goal too….hell I was so disturbed by it… it should have it’s own thread…..first comment was I had to make a facebook comment:”
** Scott Mackie Murphy from pikkachu and pelley!!! Really in 2009?? WTF!!!!!!!
** Lord Krang Despite a little recent success, the Islanders are still the Islanders, for now. This is the proof.
(she did nail it eh?)
my secondary comment was, the only thing missing from this was a sympathy point for Andrew Peters (who according to his dad as a grown adult still skates slower the lil Nicky who’s been on skates all of what, 5 months now?)… I wonder if I keep bashing Peters will I get called more nicer insults by our non-friends in Buffalo… oh boy I can’t wait to find YOU guys when I am there!!!! See unlike them when I go… I can wear jerseys from CHAMPIONSHIP teams!!!!
– Brent Russo…. is there a WORSE rendition of the National Anthem anywhere, outside of William Hung or the other awesomely funny “YOU ARE MY BROTHER” dude from American Idol… don’t make me link a you tube video of…. I will!!
– Looks like Rob Niedermayer is gonna be out sometime with the lower body injury, which means he doesn’t get to board Scott and tell him that mommy said to get traded right now (I wondered about Scott’s heart when he was here… but his ABILITY is unquestioned, even when his passion for the game is in doubt, and we are short a few defenders now….)
– Note to the NHL Referee who screwed this up…. I know he doesn’t play it all the time… but our boy Zubbie is like a FOOT taller then Parise, so when you tag him and send him to the box PLEASE do not pull a Cangelosi and call number NINE for the penalty when Zubbie is NUMBER EIGHT (damn you Rob, this was going right into the Zubbie Counter I wanted you to do)
– there’s really not a lot of bad you can say about this one…. Devils played pretty good here… though no points for Parise which kept the teenage Jonas-type screans (are they still relevant?)…. to a low minimum!
– and do we have it here! I guess I’ll start with this… I have a “fake son” (no not my yet, and before people breath a sigh of relief, my sister has 3 beautiful girls who’s minds I am corrupting and taking over just like I would my own children, so my influence will NOT die with me alone!)…. but anyway… my fake son is much like his dad…. he loves the Cowboys, he’s an arrogant lil ass (though he took growth steroids to get big like the rest of us), and he’s off in Minnesota with his lil internet girlfriend….SEE WHY HE’S MY SON?? So anyway…. my son decides to mouth off about the Devils in the Facebook game status… and I unleashed a comment even I won’t repeat here…. so he comes back with…ummm… “Well Fuck the Giants then??” … and that we can allow and my son is safe from the Chris Benoit treatment when he gets back home!
– I thought about this last night as I was eating in the Devils restaurant (and hey if you play the Islanders… gotta eat some flounder right??? The food was MUCH better then it was last year FYI)… and I do believe it was Joe (yeah one of the “where the hell is he” two-man’ers in limbo right about now)…. he made a comment… well didn’t the Islanders win like 4 in a row coming into tonight… which simply prompted…. “well that’s the glory of the Islanders… they win four in a row, they sit back… they sigh about 1981 and then just simply give up on life again and cry in their crusty and moldy old banners!!”
– Even during the game things were a little out of whack….the cotton candy guy (who must be qutting, getting fired… or knowing this team: getting promoted)… was walking around carrying his wares… and instead of the sales pitch (also on that note, if you’ve never heard “the Candyman” work it to sell his candy, you are missing a show!!)…. he simply mumbles in a “I’m gonna jump off a bridge” tone….. “Get your overpriced food HERE… overpriced cotton candy… who wants some??”…. Dude, you are a hero in a night full of weird-o!
– And thank you Josh for not sitting with us and catching this one:
“Please tell me you saw Pelley diving headfirst into the boards to avoid a too many men penalty? It was quite possibly the greatest thing I’ve seen Rod Pelley do since drawing the double-double high sticking minors. It was like someone checked him into the bench, only that someone was himself.”
– so after the game I get invited to a birthday party of one of my Sun Tavern bartender friends, I figure… why not? Go hang out and have some fun…. get to the place…try to find everyone… go past the wine and beer stand…. and load up on Argentine wine and Coors Light… those who really know, understand how funny and fucked up that is in the same night of having another ex invade my section (and thanks guys… I really needed the “you dated THAT” looks and comments… oh BOY!!)… and nothing like taking the dude’s picture and ten seconds later he falls out of the chair!!! I still owe him for my 36th party last year :p
Well that was fun, albeit wholly BIZARRE all in one… and I am sure I did a lousy job of relaying the bizzarre, but I gotta get to the hockey game Josh is setting up in Woodbridge… and for all you haters… be at Ford’s Field at Noon… and come try to shut me up with a little hockey game…. I DARE YOU :p…. not like I won’t be back with Wednesday with a team I hate like the Rangers… PONDSCUM!!!!!!!